查看: 2832|回復: 16
打印 上一主題 下一主題
收起左側

Need Help in Assembling my 1st boat!

[複製鏈接]
1#
夜遊神 發表於 2008-4-15 02:40:55 | 顯示全部樓層

Let me try to answer your questions.
1.Hull too thin: you can reinforce it by laying glass fibre cloth inside the hull. I do mean fibre cloth, not fibre mat. Fibre mat would pick up a lot more resin than fibre cloth, which means it will easily gain weight and thickness - something you don't wanna see on a small boat like this. But I won't recommend this to new bees because learning how to handle the materials takes a lot of time. Moreover, a small boat should have a thin hull. Isn't that logical? If you decide to go ahead anyway, I can recommend a store to you for getting all the materials you need. Let me know and I'll PM the address to you.

2.Tamiya paint: no problem at all. But you might want to spray a layer of clear coat for additional protection against scratching and chemical corrosion.

3.DIY drivetrain: a 380 or speed 400 motor should do the trick. You might wanna add a gearbox to get more torque. If so, you can find gearbox from graupner or kyosho. Personally I'd prefer 4mm shafts because the choice of prop size is wider than 2mm shafts. However, if you're looking for props no bigger than 35mm, 2mm shafts should meet your requirement.

4.Brushless motor: yes, you can use 300 and 400 class if you have a proper gearbox to reduce the speed, and a proper water-cool system to suppress the heat.

5.Waterproof: bigger boats or subs have a water tight chamber to hold the electronics, but that means extra weight. In your case, I'd prefer a weatherproof ESC for brush motor, and put the RX in a plastic box against spillage.

[ 本帖最後由 夜遊神 於 2008-4-15 02:42 編輯 ]
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 新玩家註冊

本版積分規則

手機版|小黑屋|RC EVOLUTION - 遙控工房

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 01:12 , Processed in 0.029873 second(s), 17 queries , Gzip On.