a new guy from NY

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
supremebird 發表於 2006-3-30 17:39:07 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式

遊客登錄

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?新玩家註冊

x
hi people.. i m from NY and really wanna join u guys..i m totally new at R/C.. i wanna buy the CEN MT
==>   http://www.cenracing.com/cars/nx/magnum.html
and  anyone of you hear about CEN band?eventhough if u never heard about this band but i still hope u guys give me some advise.. how is it ?and i buy it at $270USD RTR (~2xxx HKD)
do u guys think its worth?? ..sorry about i dunno how to type chinese  :p
hope to get reply asap...
2#
crunch 發表於 2006-3-30 17:46:29 | 只看該作者
Hey there Supremebird, A BIG warm welcome!!

CEN......one of the members here has a CEN Genesis, so he might be able to give you some insight.  The NX Magnum looks like something inbetween a BigFoot Monster and a Truggy with a .18 engine.  Besides the Genesis, I've never really heard of anyone owning one.  At least on these broads that is.  

Where are you buying this from and are you currently in HK?
3#
天照 發表於 2006-3-30 17:47:09 | 只看該作者
WELCOME~!^_^
4#
 樓主| supremebird 發表於 2006-3-30 18:24:49 | 只看該作者
oh...i m currently at NY, USA
actually kyosho is my 1st choice but i dun think parts are too much in NY... but just wondering how is the CEN
btw, can you tell me how $ is the savage 25 26 and X at hk??..
bcoz here is kind of expensive..
also the Tmaxx 3.3 is about like $499USD @ NYC
5#
 樓主| supremebird 發表於 2006-3-30 18:27:12 | 只看該作者
oh ....anyone know about this car.... pls gimme some advise... if u dunno this car... pls go to the web and take a look..... and base on ur expensive... tell me that if this RTR is good or not pls....
6#
WTO 發表於 2006-3-30 18:59:03 | 只看該作者
原帖由 supremebird 於 2006-3-30 18:27 發表
oh ....anyone know about this car.... pls gimme some advise... if u dunno this car... pls go to the web and take a look..... and base on ur expensive... tell me that if this RTR is good or not pls....

If u buy HPI monster RTR , I suggest u buy the SavageX because it comes quite a lot of new design than 25.
Savage X cost around USD475=HK$3700 in HK.

If u buy Traxxas Monster , I prefer u buy REVO 3.3 better than T-maxx 3.3 .
7#
PRiNCe 發表於 2006-3-30 20:49:24 | 只看該作者
原帖由 supremebird 於 2006-3-30 10:27 發表

Are you going to order online or at your LHS? (local hobby shop) because www.towerhobbies.com is your best bet if you want to buy online in the US.

My advice is firstly pick up a few R/C magazines and get a jist of what R/C monster trucks are like, see if you want to jump straight into nitro as it is a tricky businese. If you still can't decide here is a summary of my favorite (beginners) trucks out there today you should consider:

Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3 ($479.99 on towerhobbies): Great truck but its an old tuck (2001) and has just been facelifted, for beginners its excellent with many spares and a beginners DVD included

Traxxas Revo ($529.99): Same really as the T-maxx 3.3 but its the new improved version and much better in the sense of design, i would recommend this truck

HPI Savage X ($459.99): Very durable and cheap package, however the chassis has been known to be clustered and confuse beginners

Losi LST2 ($600??): this one is a handful but will repay the experienced players, not very beginner friendly but i think its an excellent truck if you can deal with the power and complication

theres also a wide range of trucks out there but i would buy from the most popular brands as parts are easy to get. But these are just my 2 cents

good luck!
8#
crunch 發表於 2006-3-30 21:19:04 | 只看該作者
Brother Prince hit the spot right on!!!!  

Since you're in the States, you have it good if you're going into the offroad Monster/Truggy scene.  Like Prince said, pick up a magazine (Radio Control Car Action, Extreme RC, etc etc), look up to see if there are any LHS around you and see what's popular.

If you want to go Monster, Traxxas and HPI are very well known with a HUGE aftermarket support.

Truggy has just started and are selling like hot cakes.  HPI LSP, Kyosho ST-R, Jammin X1-CRT, TTR ST-1.....

I couldn't really comment on the CEN as I have never seen one.  Sorry buddy.....

[ 本帖最後由 crunch 於 2006-3-31 09:34 編輯 ]
9#
osb36 發表於 2006-3-30 23:27:10 | 只看該作者
hey yo, one of my friend buy the cen three weeks ago, another friend  he bought it last week, beside the replacement parts, it is unbeatable
than our savages. peace!
10#
 樓主| supremebird 發表於 2006-3-31 07:17:07 | 只看該作者
ur friend just got the magnum?? or cen other product >.>.....
well... of coz i dun think it can beat up the savage too.. but then wut i m considering 1st now is the price ne..@.@...
i think that product is the most durable truck in that lower price range....
right?
anyway i placed the order already its probably arrived my home in monday.

btw... who is the "wai" this member?? he is kind of funny since every time he reply ppl's topic and always ends up wif "hei may?"<==(dunno how to type chinese.. sry guys).. lol.
11#
 樓主| supremebird 發表於 2006-3-31 07:19:41 | 只看該作者
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_310/tt.htm
i just found a part of forum that is specific about the CEN yeah!!
12#
Jackson 發表於 2006-3-31 08:46:51 | 只看該作者
The Savage X has improved over the other Savages. The radio box, diffs are much more easy to access than the older versions.

Do you have a local hobby shop (LHS)? If you do, check what they have parts for. It sucks if you buy a truck that your LHS don't support, because then you will have to wait for the parts to get here from ordering online.
13#
mikewu 發表於 2006-3-31 10:47:06 | 只看該作者
Hey, first of all, welcome to this site.
I think I might be the only one who has CEN product here.  I am the guy who brother crunch mentioned.  I have a CEN Gensis.  The last owner was Brother Skyline and he has a lot of experience with it as well.  He is "Mr. Big Foot" here in this site.......
As for your CEN, I am not sure.  I have a good time with mine cuz with the way I drive and the way I maintain (not much) the truck is still running good and requires only shock oil changed and installed roto start (A MUST FOR GENSIS!)  But honestly though, if I have a choice right now, I'll go with the Hellfire or the Savage X just because I have really good experience with my Hot Hobbies E-zilla and basically Hot Hobbies = HPI so I would suggest the HPI products...........  Plus in Hong Kong, not many people carries CEN parts so sometimes I have a hard time looking for parts... Not sure about NY though....
Are you from the City?  I spent 7 years in Upstate NY before I move back too!  Hang out in Flushing all the time though.............  
14#
 樓主| supremebird 發表於 2006-3-31 14:28:40 | 只看該作者
cool man.... i m from brooklyn but this year i went to long island stony brook university to keep on my study(mechanical E).....n e ways.... thank you for all u guys advise...
btw no matter hk or US.. the most popular trucks is savage
but then the only things i heard abt it is that its need a lots upgrade and stuff.. and i just wanna get used to handle a cheap truck b4 i buy that;)
but no wonder i will buy a savage later on..
hope i can post my cheap cheap magnum nx in here and let u guys take a good look..
15#
crunch 發表於 2006-3-31 15:15:32 | 只看該作者
We'll be waiting for your pics buddy....

You got me looking into the CEN site and they are sure growing VERY fast.......launching so many nw models in the comming months....

Check out the new threads I created about the prototype truggy and Mini-Monster!

Damn...I like the new Factory Race Matrix Buggy too!!!!!
16#
PRiNCe 發表於 2006-3-31 19:25:05 | 只看該作者
原帖由 mikewu 於 2006-3-31 02:47 發表
Hey, first of all, welcome to this site.
I think I might be the only one who has CEN product here.  I am the guy who brother crunch mentioned.  I have a CEN Gensis.  The last owner was Brother Sky ...

i knew you guys must be from abroad!!! your english is soooo fluent...

this may be a sterotypical view, but in NY (what i think is a crowded city) where are you going to run your R/C? are there any local tracks or bashing spots?
17#
crunch 發表於 2006-4-1 00:38:18 | 只看該作者
Hee hee hee......I am pretty sure everyone from this thread is from somewhere overseas.....

Actually....NY has alot of open space!  You're thinking about downtown Manhattan = crowed!
18#
 樓主| supremebird 發表於 2006-4-2 06:37:21 | 只看該作者

dats true....

well nyc have  a lot place to chill wif...
but i think mostly i will play my cen in somewhere wif no body and let me practic more..
btw the G-unit of CEN its really actractive for me... probably i will buy one too since its real cheap as low as $200USD as RTR;)
and next may be i will buy a savage X~:p
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 新玩家註冊

本版積分規則

手機版|小黑屋|RC EVOLUTION - 遙控工房

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 05:25 , Processed in 0.045014 second(s), 15 queries , Gzip On.