RC EVOLUTION - 遙控工房 - 香港RC遙控車討論區

找回密碼
 新玩家註冊
搜索
查看: 3944|回復: 27
打印 上一主題 下一主題
收起左側

My Physics final project (custom puller)

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
Jackson 發表於 2006-3-18 11:11:06 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |正序瀏覽 |閱讀模式

遊客登錄

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?新玩家註冊

x
This is something I have been working on this week. This took me two days to build. It's finally moveable. It is my final physics project and is going to be in a competition with different groups in my class and other classes. It still needs some tinkering to the gearing to lower the temps for normal conditions as it will be in a tug-o-war competition with other groups' cars. Also, the front tires lack traction, so I will need to find something with more grip...preferably something with spikes.

登錄/註冊後可看大圖

登錄/註冊後可看大圖

登錄/註冊後可看大圖

登錄/註冊後可看大圖

And here's the tires ballooning at full throttle

登錄/註冊後可看大圖
28#
Skyline 發表於 2006-5-20 08:42:14 | 只看該作者
原帖由 Jackson 於 2006-5-19 14:03 發表
Oh yes...and V3...

登錄/註冊後可看大圖

Good brother, very nice, what shell U are going to put on top??  A truckie shell ??  

Remember to post some pics of the competition, thanks mate ...  
27#
 樓主| Jackson 發表於 2006-5-20 03:59:40 | 只看該作者
The inner plates are acrylic, the outer reinforcements are lexan. The car was very strong today, quite a few hits, but plates were fine. We won 1st in speed, 3rd in climbing. But the climbing killed my axle. I had used JBWeld 2 times for this project and at both times it failed. This time the axles were freespinning due to it's failure So basically, we had no power for tug-o-war...my favourite event! And we didn't get to participate!!!

No more JBWeld Products for me
26#
PRiNCe 發表於 2006-5-20 03:21:47 | 只看該作者
原帖由 Jackson 於 2006-5-19 12:21 發表
Time for the competition is 8:30AM to 1:30PM. I think we are in GMT.
Comp is in an hour!!!

nice! the new acrylic side plates will they hold? but the longer chassis/wheelbase willl mean it won't wheelie as much

good luck man!
25#
 樓主| Jackson 發表於 2006-5-19 19:21:15 | 只看該作者
Time for the competition is 8:30AM to 1:30PM. I think we are in GMT.
Comp is in an hour!!!
24#
 樓主| Jackson 發表於 2006-5-19 14:03:38 | 只看該作者
Oh yes...and V3...

登錄/註冊後可看大圖
23#
 樓主| Jackson 發表於 2006-5-19 14:02:46 | 只看該作者
V3 is finally done after about 14 hours of work...why V3? Because V2 was destroyed by one of my group members while full throttling into a curb

Anyways, here is the link to tomorrow's competition.
http://msl.stream.yorku.ca/media ... -145d-4a72024622s4.
22#
Skyline 發表於 2006-5-15 14:18:44 | 只看該作者
原帖由 Jackson 於 2006-5-15 11:00 發表
Another update!

Qualifying is on the coming Wednesday. This is where most of the marks are given. Competition is on the coming Friday. The event is going to be broadcast live on the internet. I  ...

Good work buddy, very nice !!  
21#
 樓主| Jackson 發表於 2006-5-15 11:04:52 | 只看該作者
Just noticed that I accidentally made the wheelbase perfect for 1/10 MAXX bodies
20#
 樓主| Jackson 發表於 2006-5-15 11:00:58 | 只看該作者
Another update!

Qualifying is on the coming Wednesday. This is where most of the marks are given. Competition is on the coming Friday. The event is going to be broadcast live on the internet. I will post the link here in a few days if anybody is interested.

As for my car, I actually decided to make a whole new chassis because the first one was a little on the heavy side. My main goal on the new chassis is to be lightweight. I started last night and this is how far I got after a day. It's pretty much finished. This time the axle spin a lot smoother and the gear mesh is pretty close to perfect. Very happy with that. The final process will be to cut away any part of the chassis that is not needed. I am also going to be using 2/3A's for the speed and climb event to cut down on weight. For the tug-o-war, I am going to be using a 3000mah 7 cell pack to increase the weight and power. V2 is a lot more sturdier than V1, but I will be adding a little more bracing before the qualifying.

I still have to remake the catapult. I have searched on the net and have decided on a Trebuchet. Some ancient roman weapon. I will be making that on Tuesday. Hope it works lol

Here's a pic of it I just took. The chassis is made of 5mm polycarbonate, pretty strong stuff

登錄/註冊後可看大圖
19#
 樓主| Jackson 發表於 2006-4-12 03:56:07 | 只看該作者
lol the competition is on May 9th. Still a few weeks to go. I am going to be fixing it up on Thursday. Have a few plans in my head, we will see if they really work
18#
mikewu 發表於 2006-4-11 12:42:48 | 只看該作者
So what happened in the race???  It has been a while now...
17#
PRiNCe 發表於 2006-3-21 05:08:57 | 只看該作者
Sorry about the spur gear man but think of it this way -

now you can fit a different teeth spur gear on hope you fix the problem soon
16#
 樓主| Jackson 發表於 2006-3-20 09:35:29 | 只看該作者
Thanks. I already thought of a way to keep the gear on the axle. But this piece is going to take a while to make. Another project for next weekend.
15#
Skyline 發表於 2006-3-20 09:09:27 | 只看該作者
原帖由 Jackson 於 2006-3-20 05:53 發表
Ok just destroyed the spur gear today. I will have to think of another way to fix the gear onto the axle...

no worry la, keep up with the good work buddy ..  
14#
 樓主| Jackson 發表於 2006-3-20 05:53:19 | 只看該作者
Ok just destroyed the spur gear today. I will have to think of another way to fix the gear onto the axle...
13#
 樓主| Jackson 發表於 2006-3-20 03:04:38 | 只看該作者
python, ya it's pretty much for drag racing. Drag racing, pulling, climbing

Prince, the gear ratio in your rustler is different compared to mine because mine is a direct drive system. Meaning the only gears it have is the pinion and spur(with is directly on the axle itself). The rustler transmission has internal gears that changes the gear ratio, it is not simply the ratio of the pinion to spur itself, but have to factor in the idler, diff gears too. I don't really remember how to calculate that...but it took a while to do.

Skyline, thanks man! When I finished building this one, I had the urge to build another one because I thought of a totally different design that might work better than this one. If I have a long weekend, I think   I will make it.
12#
Skyline 發表於 2006-3-20 00:00:11 | 只看該作者
原帖由 Jackson 於 2006-3-18 11:11 發表
This is something I have been working on this week. This took me two days to build. It's finally moveable. It is my final physics project and is going to be in a competition with different groups i ...

Hi Jack, I have nothing to say but what U have built is EXCELLENT !!    Surely get a very high mark, and I think U are a real RC genesis ....  
11#
python 發表於 2006-3-19 20:19:36 | 只看該作者
For drag race?
10#
PRiNCe 發表於 2006-3-19 19:45:32 | 只看該作者
hmm i am sure tamiya pinions are 48pitch sorry man, try 32 pitch but i think 19/83 gives you a very good gear ratio for acceleration i tried a 25/84 on my traxxas rustler before (running on a 'sport tuned' stock tamiya can) and it did rolling wheelies! until be idler gear gave way

i think changing to bearings will require rebuilding the whole thing, so its best just t leave it as it is and just lube the friction points every time you run it to prevent wear, just outta intrest jack, what surface are you running the tractor () on?
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 新玩家註冊

本版積分規則

手機版|小黑屋|RC EVOLUTION - 遙控工房

GMT+8, 2024-5-23 12:53 , Processed in 0.086305 second(s), 16 queries , Gzip On.